Petsmart recently issued a voluntary recall of seven of its Grreat Choice dog biscuit products. The store-brand treats contain peanut paste made by Peanut Corporation of America, which has been the focus of the FDA’s salmonella contamination investigation.
According to the press release, the recalled products include only the following types of Grreat Choice Dog Biscuits sold between Aug. 21, 2008 and Jan. 19, 2009:
* Small Assorted 32 oz., UPC 73725702900
* Small/Medium Assorted 4 lb., UPC 73725700601
* Small/Medium Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700605
* Small/Medium Assorted 10 lb., UPC 73725702755
* Large Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700638
* Extra Large Assorted 8 lb., UPC 73725700779
* Peanut Butter 4 lb., UPC 73725700766
If you purchased any of these biscuits, you should discontinue use immediately and can take it to any Petsmart store for a refund or exchange.
For more information, visit PetsmartFacts.com or contact PetSmart Customer Service at 1-888-839-9638.